Make probiotic water kefir drinks
This kit comes with everything you need to make fermented, probiotic water kefir at home.
Kefir contains beneficial bacteria and yeasts. It has been consumed by people in Eastern Europe and parts of Asia for hundreds of years. Research has shown that it helps to maintain the good bacteria in your gut.
What does water kefir taste like?
The taste will vary depending on how much sugar you add, and the length of time that you ferment it. When you second ferment your kefir, in a glass flip top bottle, it will become a fizzy, carbonated drink. You can add delicious flavours like hibiscus, ginger and fruit pieces to create a drink that suits your taste.
Raw, unpasteurised grains
The kit includes a glass jar with 1/4 cup of fresh grains and 1/2 cup of starter liquid. You can reuse the glass jar.
With a little bit of care and maintenance, your grains will last indefinitely. They will continue to multiply and grow. Before long, you'll have enough grains to share with your friends and family.
- Dairy free and vegan friendly.
- Raw and unpasteurised.
- Organically grown.
- Chemical free.
- Made of filtered rainwater and spring water. No chlorine or fluoride.
- Brewed in Northern NSW using traditional brewing methods.
This kit contains
- Two x one litre glass jars.
- Two x straining lids which can be used for kefir making and sprouting purposes.
- A piece of washable, unbleached cheesecloth.
- 1/4 cup of fresh water kefir grains (packaged in a glass jar).
How to use your grains
- Pour the grains and liquid into a one litre glass jar. Add 1 tbsp of raw or organic cane sugar to the starter liquid and grains. Top up with water to 500ml.
- Place a piece of breathable cheesecloth/muslin fabric on top of your jar. Secure in place with a rubber band.
- Place the jar on your kitchen bench and leave for 24-48 hours.
- Keep out of direct sunlight at an ideal temperature of 20-25 degrees Celsius.
- Strain the liquid using a non-metallic strainer. Bottle your kefir in second fermentation bottles, such as flip top Grolsch style bottles. Store in fridge.
- Repeat the brewing process with your remaining grains.