Brew healthy water kefir drinks at home
Imagine a refreshing, fizzy drink that is actually good for you. That's right! Water kefir is a healthier option than soft drinks. These starter culture grains add flavour and good bacteria to your water, juice or coconut water.
All you need are a few simple ingredients, and your grains, to start brewing this drink at home. In a short amount of time, you'll have an endless supply of healthy fizzy drinks. Unlike soft drinks, water kefir contains a number of good 'gut friendly' bacteria strands.
With a little bit of care and maintenance, your grains will multiply and grow. You'll have an abundance of grains that you can share with your friends and family.
- Raw, unpasteurised and suitable for vegans.
- Living, fermented grains with probiotics.
- Organically grown and chemical free.
- Made from filtered rainwater or spring water. No chlorine or fluoride.
- Packaged in a recyclable glass jar (no plastic comes in contact with your grains).
- Made in Northern NSW using traditional brewing methods.
- 1/4 cup of organic, fresh water kefir grains.
- 1/2 cup of liquid.
- Reusable glass jar.
How to use your grains
- Pour your grains and starter liquid into a glass jar. Add 15 grams of organic sugar to the liquid, and fill with water to 500ml.
- Place a piece of breathable fabric on top of your jar and secure with a rubber band.
- Place the jar on your kitchen bench, out of direct sunlight, and at an ideal temperature of 20-25 degrees Celsius.
- Leave for 24-48 hours.
- Strain the liquid from your grains and bottle in second fermentation bottles, such as flip top Grolsch style bottles. Store in fridge.
- Repeat the brewing process with your remaining grains.
Click here for brewing instructions.
Kefir grains are posted every Monday morning by Express Post or by courier. This ensures the freshness of your grains as they are not left at room temperature over the weekend.