These Australian grown, biodynamic seeds are suitable for growing spelt grass microgreens. With a similar nutritional value to wheatgrass, it can be grown with soil or hydroponically.
How to Grow spelt grass
- Soak 1 cup of seeds in water for 6-10 hours (depending on climate).
Rinse well with water. Leave seeds to drain for 8-12 hours using a sprouting jar, sprouter or hemp sprouting bag.
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process until a tiny tail sprouts. The tail should be approximately 5mm.
- Line a growing tray with butchers paper. Add 2-3cm of organic soil with compost, volcanic rock soil improver or other minerals.
- Scatter seeds on top of the organic soil. Ensure that the seeds are not too densely packed, as this may cause mould.
- Lightly water seeds and cover with a hessian bag or wet paper towels.
- Leave in a dark, ventilated spot. Lightly water twice daily until your seeds have germinated and are 2-3cm high.
- Remove cover and expose your plant to indirect sunlight. Avoid extreme heat or cold. Water twice daily.
- Your harvest is ready when it is 3-4 inches high.
- Cut your spelt grass approximately 1cm above the soil.
- Juice and enjoy!
- Grown in Australia.
- Not chemically treated with pesticides, insecticides or fungicides.
- Available in 1kg or 2.5kg packets.