- 750ml of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tea bags or equivalent loose leaf tea
- Starter tea (comes with SCOBY)
- Kombucha SCOBY
1. Bring water to boil and add tea bags or loose leaf tea.
2. Allow the tea to steep for five minutes and remove tea bags/loose leaf tea.
3. Add sugar. Stir to dissolve.
4. Leave your brew to cool until it is room temperature.
5. Pour into a one litre glass jar. Add kombucha SCOBY and starter tea.
6. Cover jar with cheesecloth or piece of cloth. Secure with a rubber band.
7. Leave your tea at room temperature for 7-10 days. Keep out of direct sunlight.
8. How do I know when my kombucha is ready? Your tea should not be too sweet or bitter. Click here to read more.